Kids thoughts about God
The following statements about the Bible were written by children and have not been retouched or corrected.
1. The seventh commandment is thou shalt not admit adultery.
2. A Christian should have only one spouse. This is called monotony.
3. Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree.
4. Noah’s wife was called Joan of Ark.
5. Lot’s wife was a pillar of salt by day, but a ball of fire by night.
8. Moses died before he ever reached Texas.
9. Then Joshua led the Hebrews in the battle of Geritol.
10. Jesus enunciated the Golden Rule, which says to do one to others before they do one to you.
And this my friends is why we need Sunday School!
On a more serious note, Sunday School improves our knowledge of the Bible and teaches us salvation. It helps us to grow spiritually. It provides us a “place to belong.” In a Sunday School class we can share needs and concerns from our lives. Sunday School helps us build meaningful relationships. We meet people, hear their stories, and meet their families. It gives us opportunities to serve and share the love of God. Sunday School has a place for the whole family to learn the stories of the Bible and how to put those lessons into practice. As children and adults in a topsy turvy world we all need Sunday School. Won’t you join us?
Blessings, Pastor Susan